Home » » Small Acts of Kindness

Small Acts of Kindness

Every now and then we'll open a file cabinet or dresser drawer and find something the donor has accidentally forgotten about and left in there. Depending on what it is, I'll contact them and see that the item is returned. That happened recently and the donor had moved out of state so I prepared a package and mailed the items to her. Yesterday I received the nicest thank you card back and she ended the note with these words, "You just never know what seemingly small act of kindness does." I love it! It's so true, yet how often do my small acts of kindness come with a string attached? I'll let you merge into traffic ahead of me, but you better thank me with a wave for I'll glare at you for as long as we're driving on the same road. You know what I mean? What if my acts of kindness were freely given with no expectations whatsoever? The person on the receiving end might - or might not - appreciate what I've done, but more importantly I'll have lived that moment with grace and kindness towards others. And when I'm able to do that, my stress level goes way down and I'm -to put it simply - a happier, nicer person. Then when you do receive a wonderful note like I did yesterday it's icing on the cake!

What does acts of kindness have to do with the latest donations we received at Jubilee Furniture this week? Nothing. So before I go off on another tangent, here are photos of some of the new-to-us pieces we received in this week:


You know I like unusual pieces and this is a metal tray table. The top lifts right off and the legs actually fold up for easy storage - price $25


Excellent condition, super clean sleeper sofa for $135


Sweet retro two sliding door storage unit - looks like a Steelcase piece, but I couldn't find the Steelcase name anywhere, so I'm not sure $35


I always like plaids and I love the colors in this chair - unfortunately, there are a couple of rips so I priced it at $65


Nice sofa - faded along the top and the back - but otherwise in great shape $85


Love seat where both sections recline - super clean but obviously dated fabric print $45; there is a matching sofa where both ends recline, also in excellent condition for $65 - oh, and both love seat and sofa are wall huggers - which is nice


Oatmeal color sleeper sofa for $65


Gorgeous blue leather wing back/recliner for $250 - I love the nail head trim

It's plaid so of course I took a photo of it! Blue and green plaid sofa for $125; coffee table in front of it for $50


2 piece sectional - large and comfy - for $100


We got in quite a few really nice lamps this week - this one looks like brass but it's too light to be brass - so what is it? I'm not sure, but I love the etching (hard to see in the photo, sorry). There are two of them and Chet priced them $35 each (I'm warning you now, you'll need to purchase new shades for most/many of the lamps we get in)


Blue stripe sofa $125


Brown floral patterned Bernhardt love seat for $135; we also have the matching sofa for $175


Wonderful oak table with a self storing leaf (pull the top apart and the leaf pops right up and into place!) and six chairs for $175 (we actually have two tables both with six chairs that are identical)


There's a little of a story behind all of this split log furniture but it's not that interesting - so I won't bore you with it. The point I want to make is we have several of each piece of furniture. Know what I mean? So we received four of these "magic" chairs and I tagged them magic because they open like a futon - a futon for a small person (very small). My guess is you put two chairs together and it would be the size of a twin mattress (about). Now, you would either have to tie the chairs together to make sure they don't separate during the night and dump your guest on the floor, or, you put someone on it who doesn't move when they sleep. Clear as mud? After all that you still want to know the price? Oooookay $100. Can you see the end table next to the chair? It's priced at $35


Futon $200 (we have two of them); coffee table $50 (only one coffee table)


Queen size head board, foot board and side rails for $200 (this is my favorite of all the log cabin like pieces); queen mattress and box spring for $75; can you see the one drawer night stand? Price is $65 and, I think, we have eight of them

As always, hope to see you either today from 1 to 8 or tomorrow from 9 to 4 - bring your muscle with you because Dave - Jubilee Furniture warehouse manager - left last night for a ski trip in Colorado and I don't know exactly how many warehouse guys I'll have! Yike!

And remember, you just never know what a seemingly small act of kindness might do for others!
Powered by Blogger.