Home » » Holy cow! Have-to-see-'em-to-believe-'em prices at Jubilee Furniture this week!

Holy cow! Have-to-see-'em-to-believe-'em prices at Jubilee Furniture this week!

Greetings and how nice of you to stop by the Jubilee Furniture blog!

As you know (or maybe you don't) Jubilee Furniture is only open two days each week - Fridays from 1 to 8 and Saturdays from 9 to 4. Last Saturday it was ANOTHER hot and humid day with rain off and on (just to add to the loveliness) and there was no one in the store for most of the morning. Though part of me was extremely tempted to sit in front of the fan that's running by the cash register - I didn't - and instead went throughout the store repricing stuff. The following photo is a small representation of the number of things I repriced.



Over the 3 1/2 years I've been working at Jubilee Furniture, I've kicked around a number of ways of marking furniture down. Most resale stores will list the mark-downs on the same tag so you can see the progression - but most resale stores have a system of marking things down (after 2 weeks an additional 25% off; after 4 weeks 50%...) but I don't. Why not? Because ideally I've priced the piece correctly to start with and I don't need to mark it down because it's already been purchased. However that's not always the case - but I still don't want a rigid system of when I reprice furniture because there are certain items which are priced fairly and are a great deal - but they're unique and a special buyer is needed (an example is the arc lamp we have in right now - which we've had for several months now - which is priced $75 and worth every penny). So what I've found works best - but which I dislike doing just because it's tedious - is going around and rewriting each price tag on the furniture I want to mark down, removing the old tag and affixing the new. And this - dear reader - is what I spent a lot of time doing last Saturday morning (and it should be noted that when I reprice something I REALLY mark it down). Whew - you still with me? Hope so, because in addition to repricing a ton of stuff so low a snake would have a hard time wiggling under 'em - there's lots of "new" things to show you too! So let's not tarry!


beautiful oak lighted china cabinet for $165


gorgeous end table for $85


sweet writing desk for $45 (we had this last week but I forgot to take a photo and I thought it was so cute!)


nice size chest of drawers for $40



love the shape of this wrought iron queen size headboard (with frame) priced $125 (wouldn't it look wonderful painted black?); bench for $50 and glass topped side table for $35


one of my volunteers donated these beautiful pieces by Hitchcock - armoire is priced $175 and the matching dresser is $150


this queen size sleigh bed (head board, foot board and side rails) is priced $85 simply because it needs someone to refinish it


retro two door cabinet - which also needs some work - is priced $35


vintage drum table for $45


drop leaf table and two chairs for $65


oak pedestal table for $75 (the two chairs don't match the table and I forgot to note the price of 'em - sorry - we've had them in the store for a while)


one of my best friends has been cleaning out her family room and she brought me tons of books - a lot of them kid's books - which she kindly arranged on a couple of the bookcases along the east side of the showroom. All children's books are 10 cents each, adult paper backs 50 cents and adult hard cover books $1


another volunteer donated these two pieces - beautiful Walter E. Smithe green leather love seat for $145 and the matching sofa for $195 (there's some fraying along the piping)


super nice Plunkett love seat the only problem is some threads are broken along the top - almost like a cat clawed the piece - but there is no cat hair (and I screen for pets when talking to donors about donating) - still I priced it a low, low $45. Connie thought you could throw something across the back and no one would be the wiser!



these are two really nice pieces labeled F. J. Furniture, Inc and custom upholstered by Upholstery World. The love seat has a pattern to it which - unfortunately - doesn't show up well in my photo and I've priced it $135; the gorgeous sofa is $195


this wicker chaise lounge has not one but TWO different cushions which you can change depending on your mood (second cushion is leaning on the back of the chaise) and is priced $125



this antique piece is too sweet not to show you - the only problem is I haven't priced it yet. I have one volunteer, Ginger, who prices my antiques and she'll be in today - but not until 1:30 p.m. - to take a look at this and a couple of other things I want her input on before pricing. I don't mean to tease you - but did want you to see this piece.

And that, dear reader, is a peek at some of the things which were donated this week to Jubilee Furniture.

I have a classic parents-divorced-when-I-was-13-father-MIA-for-most-of-my-life story so though I sent my dad a father's day card (Wishing you a Happy Father's Day.) I often remember a wonderful uncle - who filled in at all the awkward father-daughter things throughout high school - and my own dear mother on Father's Day. So, Uncle Gene and Mom - Happy Father's Day - I love you both!

And to you - blessings, grace, love and peace - in abundance! (I love the word abundance - don't you?).
Powered by Blogger.